Tuesday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. LICM will close early at 3pm on Christmas Eve.
Bonus Monday: Monday, December 26, 2022.
See our calendar for all events and closures. Ticket sales end an hour before closing to allow guests ample time to explore the Museum.
Hours for the Carousel are different from the Museum. Separate tickets are also needed for Nunley's Carousel.
11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
We are located on Charles Lindbergh Blvd. on Museum Row with free parking. Accessible parking is located in the west parking lot.
65 and up
Under one year
Museum Floor Plan
Give a Gift Certificate
Please call 516-224-5800 or stop by the Box Office when visiting as we will be happy to assist. Give the experiential gift that will provide sweet memories for years to come!
The Museum is a community resource for all families We are fully accessible and offer resources and activities to make each visitors' experience more enjoyable through our LICM4all initiative.
Baby changing tables are available in every restroom. Nursing is allowed anywhere in the Museum, and a private nursing area is available in the TotSpot exhibit on the first floor.
A coat room is available in the outer lobby for visitor use. Lockers are available for a $5 deposit. Please be advised that valuables should not be left in this area.
Food & Drinks
A cafeteria with vended services is available on the first floor of the Museum. Visitors are welcome to bring their own food for consumption in our cafeteria. Food and drinks are restricted to the cafeteria. Groups must call in advance to reserve cafeteria space. Party related items are restricted to LICM designated party rooms. If you are interested in a Museum birthday, please visit our Birthday page to view themed party options.
Cafeteria Tip: Please keep in mind that the Cafeteria is busiest between 11:30 – noon. Plan accordingly.
Lost and Found
Lost and found is located at the Lobby Information Desk. Please call our Lost and Found department at (516) 224-5801 with any questions.
Strollers may be used throughout the Museum. A small stroller parking site is available on the first floor on a first come, first serve basis. Strollers may also be left in the coatroom. Valuables should not be left in unattended strollers.
Health & Safety
Long Island Children’s Museum takes many preventive steps to ensure the safety and wellness of our visitors and staff. Learn more about our cleaning procedures.
- To provide LICM guests with the highest possible experience, exhibit maintenance is occasionally necessary during museum hours. Galleries may be closed during your visit to address these repairs.
- The cafeteria and certain exhibits may be closed during the day to accommodate educational programs and private groups. If the cafeteria is in use, we will do our best to accommodate visitors with another eating space during these times.
- Photo Policy - Long Island Children’s Museum routinely captures images, video and audio for promotional purposes. By obtaining tickets and visiting the Museum you are providing consent for everyone in your party to be photographed and appear in promotional materials. Staff members or media photographing visitors will ask permission before they use images to highlight Museum experiences. Permission is required for all photo, film, or video shooting on the Museum’s property for commercial purposes. Security cameras are in place at all times.
- LICM reserves the right to ask visitors who do not behave appropriately to leave the museum immediately.
- LICM will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Advance notice is appreciated.
- Adults will not be permitted in the Museum without children.
- All Museum visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Ways to Save
Partnerships and programs with local business provide discounts for members and visitors.