Long Island Children’s Museum Theater is a 140-seat, proscenium-style theater that offers a range of performance styles for families and schools; all with audience and artist interaction in mind. Productions are an ideal, high-quality, affordable introduction to the world of theater for even our youngest visitors.
On Stage Now: Performing Arts Live!
Settle in for a summer of live performances from the LICM Theater. Our newly renovated stage reopens with music, puppetry and much more with performances celebrating the LICM audience.
- July 14 at 1:30 pm – The Happy Clam Band
- July 16 at 1:30 pm – Magicians Without Borders
- July 21 at 1:30 pm – Liz Joyce and a Couple of Puppets
- July 28 at 1:30 pm – Circus Renaldo
- August 4 at 1:30 pm – Danny Weinkauf and the Red Pants Band
- August 11 at 1:30 pm – Sarah Frechette, Puppetkabob, "Under Night Sky"
- August 18 at 1:30 pm – Nappy’s Puppets
- August 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31 at 1:30 pm – Elephant and Piggie
- September 1, 2, 3 and 4 at 1:30 pm – Elephant and Piggie
Some tickets on sale now. Get available tickets through our calendar.
Why Live Theater?
Exposure to the performing arts provides significant and lasting benefits for children, including:
- Fostering creativity and developing focus
- Improving academic performance as children learn to better express themselves.
- Building bridges between cultures; bringing us together regardless of ethnicity, religion or age.
- Promoting better social engagement and community involvement
The live performing arts are a shared experience, providing strong bonding moments and lifetime family memories.
Introducing children to the joy of the performing arts is a central commitment at Long Island Children’s Museum. Musicians, dancers, puppeteers and circus artists have been delighting families and school groups since our earliest days. Theater audiences enjoy performances in an intimate, colorful, accessible setting; designed to promote interactivity and engagement with young audience goers.
LICM Theater is Long Island’s only year-round venue offering more than 200 live family-focused performances during the season. Audiences are treated to five long-run productions annually, in addition to a dynamic schedule of music concerts, dance performances and puppet and circus productions.
Did you know? Eighteen GRAMMY winners and nominees have performed in the LICM Theater!
What To Expect
- Performances last approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Doors open 15 minutes prior to performance.
- Families are welcome to come and go based on children’s needs throughout the show.
- All performances conclude with a Q&A session, performer Meet & Greets and photo-ops.
Wheelchair spaces and companion seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis through the LICM Box Office at (516) 224-5868.
See our Theater FAQ.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Here at LICM Theater we are always looking to expand our team of professional actors, puppeteers, musicians and crew members. If you are interested in becoming a part of one of our self-produced performances, please fill out this short form. Please note that daytime weekday availability is required for almost all of our performances.
We are always looking for new ways to improve our visitors’ experience in the theater. Please provide feedback regarding any aspect of your theater visit to help us continue to grow.
Support and Funding
Your support through attendance, gifts, and word of mouth will keep the LICM Theater growing.
We appreciate the support of the following:
Roni Kohen-Lemle and Robert S. Lemle