Long Island Children’s Museum Theater is a 140-seat, proscenium-style theater that offers a range of performance styles for families and schools; all with audience and artist interaction in mind. Productions are an ideal, high-quality, affordable introduction to the world of theater for even our youngest visitors.
Interested in joining the cast or crew? Auditions for our next performance are November 9, 2017!
On Stage This Season
Why Live Theater?
Exposure to the performing arts provides significant and lasting benefits for children, including:
- Fostering creativity and developing focus
- Improving academic performance as children learn to better express themselves.
- Building bridges between cultures; bringing us together regardless of ethnicity, religion or age.
- Promoting better social engagement and community involvement
The live performing arts are a shared experience, providing strong bonding moments and lifetime family memories.
Introducing children to the joy of the performing arts is a central commitment at Long Island Children’s Museum. Musicians, dancers, puppeteers and circus artists have been delighting families and school groups since our earliest days. Theater audiences enjoy performances in an intimate, colorful, accessible setting; designed to promote interactivity and engagement with young audience goers.
LICM Theater is Long Island’s only year-round venue offering more than 200 live family-focused performances during the season. Audiences are treated to five long-run productions annually, in addition to a dynamic schedule of music concerts, dance performances and puppet and circus productions.
Did you know? Eighteen GRAMMY winners and nominees have performed in the LICM Theater!
What To Expect
- Performances last approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Doors open 15 minutes prior to performance.
- Families are welcome to come and go based on children’s needs throughout the show.
- All performances conclude with a Q&A session, performer Meet & Greets and photo-ops.
See our Theater FAQ.
We are always looking for new ways to improve our visitors’ experience in the theater. Please direct feedback regarding any aspect of your theater visit to email@example.com. A theater representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Support and Funding
Your support through attendance, gifts, and word of mouth will keep the LICM Theater growing.
We appreciate the support of the following: