Long Island Children’s Museum takes many preventive steps to ensure the safety and wellness of our visitors and staff.
Our Cleaning Procedures
- Our full-time matron cleans and disinfects the bathrooms and cafeteria, while Museum staff wipes surfaces and disinfects exhibits and components throughout the day. The Museum uses industry-grade, environmentally-friendly sanitizing cleaning solution.
- Smaller exhibit pieces and toddler toys are sanitized daily.
- Costumes and fabric exhibit pieces are machine washed and dried.
- A professional cleaning company comes in every night after hours to handle heavy cleaning. All floors are mopped and vacuumed, restrooms are cleaned and all surfaces are sanitized to reset the Museum for a new day of play.
- In addition to our daily cleaning procedures, LICM closes annually for two weeks in September for a Fall Fix-up to ensure all areas of the museum are clean and in a safe, working condition.
How You Can Help!
- 11 hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Museum for visitor use.
- “Yucky Toy Bags” are available in TotSpot and other exhibit galleries. Please place toys that have been in a child’s mouth in designated bags so they can be cleaned and sanitized.
- If an area or object needs attention, we encourage our visitors to notify our staff right away.
- For the safety of other visitors and Museum staff, we ask you to keep your child home if they are not well. We welcome all families to visit when they are healthy and ready to play.