Now available: in person at the Museum and virtual options! Using video chat technology, your group can participate in two of our most popular workshops: “What’s Bugging You?” and “In the Painter’s Studio.” LICM provides a live lesson in real-time, using “To Go” materials prepared and packaged by the LICM team. Leaders are asked to distribute these materials so that each Scout will enjoy the same high-quality experience they have in the museum.
Final counts are needed with two weeks’ notice. For information, and to schedule a virtual lesson or an in-museum workshop, please complete this form or contact our Scout Coordinator at ScoutReservations@licm.org.
Custom appointment times for themed workshops available Tuesday - Sunday afternoons. All workshops run approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. There are multiple options for workshops:
- Brownies: What’s Bugging You? | SENSE-Sational! | In the Painter’s Studio | Kitchen Chemistry
- Junior Girl Scouts: CSI: LICM! | It’s a Draw!
- Cub Scouts Grades 1-3: Elements of Art | What’s Bugging You? | SENSE-Sational! | Kitchen Chemistry
- Cub Scouts Grades 4-5: CSI: LICM! | It’s a Draw! | Earth Rocks
- Ask about special programs that we can bring to your meeting site
Available as Virtual Workshop: "What's Bugging You?" and "In the Painter's Studio."
Cub Scout Flier (PDF)
Interested in booking a workshop? Request a Scout Program
- $12 per scout: What’s Bugging You?, SENSE-sational!, Elements of Art, In the Painter’s Studio and Kitchen Chemistry.
- $15 per scout: Earth Rocks, CSI: LICM! and It’s a Draw!
- One adult chaperone is admitted free for every five paid admissions. Please, no siblings or additional adults for workshop.
- Minimum 8 scouts required.
Questions? Email ScoutReservations@licm.org
Explore our interactive exhibits on your own or with an expert Museum guide!
- Guided tours: One hour of play visiting 3-4 galleries of your choice.
- Available Tuesday-Friday afternoons (4-5 p.m.).
- Minimum 8 scouts. $7 per scout. One free adult per five paid scouts.
- Additional adults and siblings: $7 each.
“Tour It Yourself” (Self-Guided Scout Visit)
- Available Saturday and Sunday during Museum hours by appointment.
- Spend the entire day at the Museum for $10 per person, child and adult (no free chaperones).
- Minimum 10 people required.
- Siblings and other family members welcome.
Purchase a souvenir of your visit! LICM patches are available at $3 each. Please reserve at time of booking.
Ready to get started?
See the Museum in a new light after hours while scouts participate in team challenges, sing in a virtual campfire celebration and sleep in the galleries, each year with a brand new theme!
- Includes overnight admission, all activities, materials, souvenir patch, bedtime snack and continental breakfast.
- Multiple groups attend each overnight with up to 150 participants per event.
- Advance registration is required. Full payment due four - six weeks before event date.
- $45 per scout or adult. We follow national scouting policies for required number of chaperones.
Questions? Contact Faun Guarino at 516-224-5840 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Currently our overnight programs are suspended. Space Cadets may return later next spring for those groups who missed the first launch!