The museum’s extensive scout programs offer Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts many opportunities to play, learn and earn requirements, from a one hour tour or an afternoon hands-on workshop to a themed overnight!
See the Museum in a new light after hours while scouts participate in team challenges, sing in a virtual campfire celebration and enjoy a sleepover in the galleries!
- New scout sleepover themes each year. 2017 Overnights: The Institute of Silly Science
- Includes overnight admission, all activities, materials, souvenir patch, bedtime snack and continental breakfast.
- Multiple groups attend each overnight with up to 150 participants per event.
- Advance registration is required. Full payment due four weeks before event date.
- $45 per scout or adult. One adult chaperone required for every five scouts.
- Register by calling Faun Guarino at 516-224-5840.
Custom appointment times for themed workshops available Tuesday - Sunday afternoons. All workshops run approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. There are multiple options for workshops:
- Brownies: What’s Bugging You? | SENSE-Sational! | In the Painter’s Studio | Kitchen Chemistry
- Junior Girl Scouts: CSI: LICM! | It’s a Draw!
- Cub Scouts Grades 1-3: Elements of Art | What’s Bugging You? | SENSE-Sational! | Kitchen Chemistry
- Cub Scouts Grades 4-5: CSI: LICM! | It’s a Draw! | Earth Rocks
- Ask about special programs that we can bring to your meeting site
Interested in booking a workshop? Use the Request a Scout Program form.
- $10 per scout: What’s Bugging You?, SENSE-sational!, Elements of Art and In the Painter’s Studio.
- $12 per scout: Kitchen Chemistry, CSI: LICM! and It’s a Draw!.
- $15 per scout: Earth Rocks
- One adult chaperone is admitted free for every five paid admissions. Additional adults $9 each. No siblings, please.
- Minimum 8 scouts required.
Add playtime in the Museum before your workshop during Museum hours for an additional $6 per child and adult, including chaperones. (Entire group must arrive together.)
Questions? Email ScoutReservations@licm.org
Explore our interactive exhibits on your own or with an expert Museum guide!
- Guided tours: One hour of play visiting 3-4 galleries of your choice.
- Available Tuesday-Friday afternoons (4-5 p.m.).
- Minimum 8 scouts. $6 per scout. One free adult per five paid scouts. Additional adults $6 each.
- No siblings, please.
“Tour It Yourself” (Self-Guided Scout Visit)
- Available Saturday and Sunday during Museum hours by appointment.
- Spend the entire day at the Museum for $9 per person, child and adult (no free chaperones).
- Minimum 10 people required.
- Siblings and other family members welcome.