Come Play with Us! Acclaimed Children’s Museum seeks partners in play.
We are a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, fun experiences, located in Garden City, New York.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position of interest to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; (516)302-8188 (fax); or via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Long Island Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Membership Coordinator (Full Time)
Join the membership team at Long Island Children’s Museum. Promote the benefits of museum membership to visitors. Maintain accurate records, prepare membership mailings and answer member questions. Ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years of data entry or non-profit experience.
- Maintain membership database using Altru CRM
- Assist in membership activities for member recruitment, cultivation and retention
- Coordinate member benefits for programs, communications and events
- Prepare membership mailings
- Serve as point of contact with mail and print vendors
- Track membership statistics and member feedback
- Educate visitors about membership, respond to members, resolve member issues
- Train staff to promote member benefits to visitors
- Cross departmental responsibilities include box office sales and working special events
- Must type 70+ WPM with high accuracy
- Weekly schedule includes weekends hours
- Availability to work periodic mornings and evening hours
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be a supportive team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Museum experience preferred
- Experience with Altru CRM
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Word Excellent
- Data Entry Skills (20,000+ KPH)
Responsible for the sale of tickets and museum memberships at the Box Office using the Altru ticketing system. The ideal candidate will have experience handling cash, excellent “people” and communication skills and be computer literate. Work schedule of 1 to 2 days per week 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Additional per diem days available, as needed.
Lead school groups through the Museum’s play-based exhibits that introduce complex ideas in a fun and engaging way. Interact with children, parents and teachers on a daily basis in a vibrant and inspiring environment.
Work schedule is 9:30 a.m. – 5:10 p.m., 2-3 days per week. Additional responsibilities will include teaching outreach programs and making community connections. Work schedule for Outreaches varies and is on an as-needed basis (with lead time for scheduling). Additional days/hours are possible.
Seeking candidate with:
- Excellent “people,” communications and presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently while still being a team player.
- Bachelor's degree, plus previous teaching experience a plus.
- Own personal means of transportation
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Occasional nights and weekends required. No relocation expenses provided.
Museum Store Sales Associate (Part-Time)
We are looking for a self-starter to join the store team. The responsibilities of this position will include stellar customer service, selling merchandise and restocking inventory.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience handling cash;
- be computer proficient;
- be dependable;
- be able to work independently;
- desire an opportunity for growth;
- love working with children;
- exhibit excellent “people” and communication skills.
Work schedule includes 1-2 shifts with Full and Half Day shifts available, 9:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. Availability to work additional days for substitute coverage helpful. Knowledge of Altru ticketing system a plus.