Come Play with Us! Acclaimed Children’s Museum seeks partners in play.
We are a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, fun experiences, located in Garden City, New York.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position of interest to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; (516)302-8188 (fax); or via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Long Island Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Development Assistant (Part Time)
The position will provide opportunities to learn donor relations, benefit fulfillment, department administration and interdepartmental collaboration. The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years of experience in an office environment, non-profit and fundraising experience a plus. An undergraduate degree in a discipline related to communications, public relations, marketing or English is required. This position requires a highly organized individual with strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and internet research. The position will also require strong writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy a must. Candidate should have a pleasant and comfortable phone manner. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and as a team member on multiple projects simultaneously in a creative and energetic environment. Knowledge of Altru and social media platforms also a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting with administrative tasks including:
- Writing acknowledgement and solicitation letters
- Mail merges and sending out mailings for solicitations and annual appeals
- Assisting with donor tracking and benefits fulfillment
- Maintaining donor records and files
- Assist in identifying new sponsors, donors, partnership opportunities for Museum advancement
- Research and identify current trends in fundraising methods on-line
Assisting with all aspects of the planning and execution of fundraising events including:
- Compiling solicitation lists, preparing and implementing mailings
- Follow-up phone calls and emails to prospective donors
- Tracking donations
- Solicitation of in-kind donations for Museum events and annual silent auction
- Procuring appropriate vendors for events
Cashier (Part Time)
Responsible for the sale of tickets and museum memberships at the Box Office using the Altru ticketing system.
The ideal candidate will:
• have experience handling cash
• have excellent “people” and communication skills
• be computer literate.
Work schedule of 1 to 2 days per week 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM: Additional per diem days available, as needed. Salary: $10/hour.
Museum Store Sales Associate (Part Time)
We are looking for a self-starter to join the store team. The responsibilities of this position will include stellar customer service, selling merchandise and restocking inventory.
The ideal candidate will:
• have experience handling cash;
• be computer proficient;
• be dependable;
• be able to work independently;
• desire an opportunity for growth;
• love working with children;
• exhibit excellent “people” and communication skills.
Work schedule includes 1-2 shifts with Full and Half Day shifts available, 9:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. Availability to work additional days for substitute coverage helpful. Knowledge of Altru ticketing system a plus.