Come Play with Us! Acclaimed Children’s Museum seeks partners in play.
Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM) is a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, playful experiences. The mission of the Museum is to connect all our communities’ children, and those who care for them, to one another and to a life of wonder, imagination and exploration. Here, children discover their passions and their relationship to the world we share.
Long Island Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The membership coordinator will promote the benefits of museum membership to visitors. Daily activities include maintaining accurate member records, preparing membership mailings and providing excellent customer service to current and potential members. Additionally the membership coordinator will analyze member activity and make recommendations to increase acquisition and retention, as well as implementing marketing campaigns to grow membership sales opportunities.
This full-time position involves a Wednesday to Sunday work schedule. Ideal candidate will have two to four years of membership experience in the museum field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input and maintain member records in Altru Database
- Prepare membership and fulfillment mailings
- Assist in member acquisition, cultivation and retention
- Track member patterns and make recommendations to improve membership sales and program benefits
- Explore new opportunities for membership program and revenue
- Educate visitors about membership program, resolve and troubleshoot member issues
- Train staff to promote member benefits to visitors and to promote membership sales
- Excellent data entry skills with high accuracy
- Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to learn new software quickly and train staff for successful implementation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Can work independently and support the membership team
- Able to work mornings and evenings for member and special events
- Experience using office equipment (Printer, Copier, Scanner, etc.)
- Museum or membership experience
- Altru or museum management software experience
- Two to four years membership experience in a cultural organization
Theater Education Coordinator
(Part Time - 20 hours per week)
Responsible for supporting school groups, families and visitors as they enter and depart the LICM Theater for scheduled productions. Candidate will be one of the “faces of the theater” to visitors while acting as a problem solver. Successful candidate will organize seating in advance for school visits and guide the school groups and families to their seats during their visits. Coordination is required with Theater Manager, Reservations Manager and Visitor Experience Coordinators to facilitate activities during theater productions. They will introduce performers and facilitate after show activities with audience. The Theater Education Coordinator will assist theTheater Manager in maintaining theater audience area between shows and other production needs when shows are not in performances.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.); preferably in Theater or related fields in customer service, experience in the performing arts and working with children and families. Equivalent combination of education and experience is helpful.
Candidates must also possess excellent public speaking and “people” skills, be organized and able to work independently while still being a team player and must be enthusiastic about theater and museum informal education. Computer skills are a must. They must also have knowledge of standard practices in theater education, child development and basic principles of parent education. CPR/AED Training and Altru computer program are helpful. Candidate will be trained in LICM public safety policy and procedures.
Children’s Educational Birthday Party Host
(Part Time/ Evenings and Weekends)
This position will interact with children, parents and adult caregivers by facilitating fun and educational children’s birthday parties.
The Birthday Party “Host” is responsible for:
• Greeting birthday families and their guests
• Implementing party activities and demonstrations
• Encouraging children to participate
• Serving party food and cake
• Party set-up and clean-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people,” communication and customer service skills, be highly active with guests, keep pace with party activities and exude the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. Compensation: $14.50 to $19 per hour (depending on party level/theme)
Work schedule: Weekends and/or Weekday nights. Parties are held Wednesdays through Fridays, from 4:30 - 7:30 pm and Weekends from 10 am – 3 pm. Individual parties are usually 1.5 hours with half hour of set-up and half hour of clean-up. Parties are scheduled on a per diem basis, according to staff party expertise and availability, as well as party bookings.
(Part Time/ Weekends)
This position serves as a vital “first impression” to enhance the visitors experience at Long Island Children’s Museum. The successful candidate must be positive, motivated and upbeat. Cashiers are responsible for welcoming visitors to the Museum, explaining program and procedures for the sale of tickets and proficient using our box office ticketing system. Excellent “people” and communication skills, experience handling cash (including opening and closing registers) and computer literacy are required.
Compensation: $13 per hour.
Work Schedule: PT position, two weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays, 9:30 a.m.– 3:30 p.m. Additional per diem days available or some evenings, as needed.
Application Process for All Positions:
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position of interest to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; (516) 302-8188 (fax); or via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins, please
Want to Volunteer?
Fill out our Online Volunteer Application.