Come Play with Us! Acclaimed Children’s Museum seeks partners in play.
Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM) is a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, playful experiences. The mission of the Museum is to connect all our communities’ children, and those who care for them, to one another and to a life of wonder, imagination and exploration. Here, children discover their passions and their relationship to the world we share.
Long Island Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Manager Database & Member Services
The Senior Manager Database & Member Services is a key position that supports the success of all Museum operations. This position is responsible for managing constituent database operations to provide high quality customer service and support to internal clients, provide technical leadership and oversight of the constituent data management applications and analysis to identify business opportunities.
The Museum’s primary database is Altru by Blackbaud, a company-wide, browser-based system, used by dozens of staff for everything from ticket sales to donor prospecting.
- Oversees database system process workflow
- Manages the integrity of the database by insuring that all end-users are properly trained and correctly using the database. Assigns rights and privileges within the database, and maintains system checks for duplicate, incomplete and/or inaccurate records.
- Reviews and inputs data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Manages Altru system upgrades, updates, and troubleshoots problems
- Develops and maintains database policy
- Works with internal stakeholders to analyze business requirements cross-departments and develops system functional requirements to support the organization's initiatives
- Creates queries, reports, dashboards and other reporting output to support business initiatives
- Works in consultation with key users and partners to assess company needs, and determine frequency, timing, and planning related to database system upgrades.
- Researches and assesses potential add-ons to system, and communication with other systems and manages integration with outside tools, i.e. Fund EZ, Mobile Cause, Social Good, etc.
- Defines and documents best practices and policies for data integrity, and assist the system user community
- Identifies opportunities to maximize Altru’s capabilities across museum
- Trains membership staff and programs to achieve strategic goals and financial benchmarks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ experience as Database Manager for Museum or equivalent organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer analytics or management information systems
- Well-versed in different types of database and computer security programs, experience with Altru database required.
- Highly refined analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, logical thinker who understands project scheduling, time management and leadership concepts.
- Ability to translate and describe technical information to non-technical audiences
- Basic verbal and written communication and technical skills are essential.
- Collaborative, flexible, etc.
Work Schedule: FT position, Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Educator (Part Time)
This position will interact with children, parents and adult caregivers on a daily basis in a vibrant and inspiring environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people,” communications and customer service skills. Candidate must be able to work independently while still being a team player. Part-time educators work directly on the museum floor welcoming, instructing and keeping visitors safe. Educators are also responsible for keeping museum exhibit areas clean. Educators must be able to lead children’s tour groups during the school year. Bachelor’s degree and previous experience with children a plus. No relocation expenses provided. Compensation: $14 per hour.
Work schedule: Weekends and/or weekdays - 9:30 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. One-two days working - Additional days/hours are possible.
Application Process for All Positions:
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position of interest to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; (516) 302-8188 (fax); or via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins, please
Want to Volunteer?
Fill out our Online Volunteer Application.