"STEM Explorers powered by Green Teens" explores the importance of the natural world and promote environmental advocacy through interactive education programs. Past on-site workshops explored various aspects of animal life on Earth.
The Buzz About Bees
- What is pollination and why does it matter? Learn how insects like bees help us grow our food.
- Did you know there are 416 bee species that live in New York? These insects are important pollinators. Invite mason bees into your garden by making a bee house. Once you build your bee house, be sure to maintain it properly.
- Explore the different parts of a flower through a simple flower dissection.
Wild About Zoos
- After severe damage from Hurricane Sandy, the New York Aquarium has finally reopened its shark exhibit. Head over to Coney Island to check it out!
- Bringing kids to the zoo helps language development, sparks curiosity, and encourages exploration.
- Do you love looking at pictures of animals? Check out the top five wild animal Instagram accounts.
- How are polar bears so good at keeping warm? How does their fur help them survive in the arctic? New research shows how complex a polar bear's coat really is.
- What is the difference between heat and temperature? Find out some cool facts about heat here.
- Try out an experiment to discover how insulators work to keep you warm during the cold months.
Jump to another STEM Explorers by Green Teen topic here.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
"STEM Explorers powered by Green Teens" is made possible with the support of National Grid.