Together to Kindergarten is a kindergarten readiness program for families whose adults were educated elsewhere. It is open to all families, regardless of their background. While the classes and parent workshops are primarily taught in English, our staff can also speak Spanish, Haitian-Creole or French to make sure all families can attend.
Together to Kindergarten supports parents by providing workshops to assist them in acclimating to the culture of the United States public education system and skills to be active participants in their children’s education. This program is provided free of charge including door-to-door transportation for participants from Uniondale and Westbury. The Museum strives to create long-term relationships with the families by providing free family memberships and special events throughout the year for continued support.
The Museum has created resources to assist parents and organizations looking to support dual language learners as they prepare for a formal school experience. Check out our multi-lingual resources.
2024 Program Information
Program Information (English PDF)
Program Information (Spanish PDF)
Program Information (French/Creole PDF)
Together to Kindergarten is supported by the generosity of these foundations and corporations:
- NYS Assemblywoman Taylor Darling (District 18) has allocated funds from the New York State Assembly
- Pritchard Charitable Trust
- Slomo and Cindy Silvian Foundation
- Richmond County Savings Foundation
- Charitable Lead Annuity Trust under the Will of Louis Feil
- New York State Council on the Arts
- John and Janet Kornreich Charitable Foundation
- The Ella Fitzgerald Charitable Foundation
- The Sands
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Frederic R. Coudert Foundation
- Marilyn Lichtman Foundation
- Northville Industries
- The Marion O. and Maximilian E. Hoffman Foundation
- M & T Bank Foundation
Underwriters: Bert Brodsky, The Gould Shenfeld Foundation, Lisa Greene & Richard Hamburger, Mukund Padmanabhan, Adrienne Robb-Fund & Jay Fund, TD Bank
Add your support of this community program by contacting the development office at email@example.com or (516) 224-5813.