"STEM Explorers powered by Green Teens" explores the importance of the natural world and promote environmental advocacy through interactive education programs. Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring... Every season has its natural beauty.
Science of Snowflakes
- How do snowflakes form? Find out about the different types of snowflakes and how they are made as they fall through the sky.
- Fractals are a type of geometric pattern that can be found in snowflakes. Create your own fracal pattern with this experiment from Scientific American.
- Where else can you find fractals? From salt flats to ferns, check out some beautiful fractals you can find in nature.
Colorful Fall Leaves
- Visualize a leaf's hidden colors through this simple chromatography experiment.
- Get inspired by Lois Ehlert's story "Leaf Man" and make your own colorful piece of art.
- Take a nature walk and collect your findings in a handmade journal.
Ice and Snow
Explore Ice and Snow at Home
- IceWatch USA collects information on when water in our area freezes. Be a citizen scientist and contribute your own data.
- The Arctic is a cold place to live! Discover how animals stay warm in the ice and snow.
- As the Earth's temperatures continue to rise, glaciers turn from solid ice into liquid water. Learn how this affects our ocean's with this sea level experiment.
Jump to another STEM Explorers by Green Teen topic here.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
"STEM Explorers powered by Green Teens" is made possible with the support of National Grid.