In Residence: Saturday, January 18 – Sunday, May 10, 2020
Step onto the Island of Sodor where visitors can climb aboard a large model of Thomas the Tank Engine, race trains along a giant track, work together to sort and load cargo and maintain engines.
Children engage in a variety of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) challenges from a simple sorting and shape identification to more complex engineering obstacles. As they take on STEM challenges and test their abilities, the smiling faces of Thomas, Percy, Victor and others are there to offer encouragement and remind children how “really useful” they all are.
What You’ll Do
- Develop foundational skills that foster STEM literacy through playful learning experiences.
- Hop inside Thomas’ cab and explore his inner workings, twisting knobs and lifting levers to see which noises you can trigger.
- Explore favorite Island of Sodor destinations including: Tidmouth Sheds, Brendam Docks and the Sodor Search & Rescue Station
- Investigate and repair Percy’s wheel problem by figuring which rods, wheels and bolts will do the trick.
- Help Thomas and his friends solve a variety of challenges, from simple sorting and shape identification to more complex engineering obstacles
© 2019 Gullane (Thomas) Limited. Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails! was created by Minnesota Children’s Museum, presented by Fisher-Price Local exhibit support provided by People's United Bank.
All ages. Free with Museum admission.