(But space is still available for play time in the Museum during our Autism Awareness Night!)
Enjoy a musical adventure, ripped from the pages of Mo Willems' beloved, award-winning, best-selling children's books. Willems’ classic characters Elephant and Piggie storm the stage in a rollicking musical romp filled with plenty of pachydermal peril and swiney suspense perfect for young audiences. Carefully cautious Gerald and spirited playful Piggie share a day where anything is possible in an imaginative exploration of the meaning of friendship. The comedic duo addresses such important questions as, What do you wear to a fancy pool costume party? Should you share your ice cream? And how can two friends play with one toy? Together with nutty back-up singers The Squirrelles, our duo even gets the audience involved in the action. Elephant & Piggie's "We Are in a Play!" is a perfect way to introduce young people to theatre.
Sensory Friendly Performances allow for individuals on the Autism Spectrum to attend theater performances in a more comfortable setting that includes lighting and sound adjustments. In addition, the visitors will be able to use a number of fidget items, noise-reducing headphones and other helpful materials when needed, provided by the Museum.
Elephant and Piggie: We’re in a Play! is a joint production of LICM and Plaza Theatrical.
Other Performance Dates:
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - 11:30 am and 2:00 pm
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - 6:00 pm - Sensory Friendly Performance
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - 11:30 am and 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018 - 11:30 am and 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 11:30 am and 2:00 pm
See Calendar to select different performance date.