The “Princess Frog – a Musical Fairy Tale” is a musical adaptation of the Italian fairy tale “The Prince Who Married a Frog,” written by Italo Calvino. The Queen needs her three sons to find their partners and the only way they can do so is both hilarious and engaging. Students will be invited to participate and help shape the story. Family is a complex cultural quilt and students attending will observe the relationships of siblings and parents. With 300 versions of this tale throughout Europe, this new twist by Long Island native Lena Pennino-Smith focuses on the values of family and reminds us all to trust our instincts.
Relaxed Performances allow for individuals that are neurotypical, neurodiverse and those with physical challenge to attend theater performances in a more comfortable setting that includes lighting and sound adjustments. In addition, the visitors will be able to use a number of fidget items, noise-reducing headphones and other helpful materials when needed, provided by the Museum.
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Relaxed Performance
- 2 pm - 3 pm
All Performance Dates:
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:15 am and noon
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:15 am and noon
- Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 11:30 am and 2 pm
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:15 am and Noon
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 11:30 am - Relaxed Performance
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 2 pm
See Calendar to select different performance date.